147 Custodians of the Game
Monday, November 23, 2020
An interesting article introducing the concept of the 147 Custodians of the Game has been written by Ran Morriset on the golf Golf Club Atlas website. It is certainly worth a read.
In the article, Morrissett sets out his criteria for fun and engaging golf as being:
- A course that provides engaging puzzles to solve beats one which does not.
- A course where the ball is encouraged to run beats one where it does not.
- A course where you can carry your bag at anytime beats one where you cannot.
- A course where you can play quickly while walking, beats one where you cannot.
- A course that you can enjoy at all ages beats one where you cannot.
- A course with understated maintenance practices beats one with conspicuous greenkeeping.
- A club that emphasizes the simple game of golf beats one which pursues the trappings of status.
- A course you want to play again and again beats one you only wish to play annually.
He lists 147 courses which he feels meet his criteria. Prestwick Golf Club is proud to be 7th on the list.
To read the article click here.